Thursday, September 23, 2010

To Market, To Market


Did I ever mention how much I love Farmer's Markets? They pretty much rock my world. 

On our vacation, we stopped at two different types: a booth-style set-up with local sellers and suppliers, and an independently owned grocery-style market. Annapolis Valley is like the fridge's mecca. Mmm... I wish we lived closer. The produce! The honey! The baked goods! The crafts!

You would think that all throughout Atlantic Canada you would have a wealth of markets and "home grown" side of the road veggie stands, but not here. It's like the barren wasteland of locally-grown produce. There's a weekly indoor Farmer's Market, and there are several booths that I adore, but... it's petite, indoors, and not really my type of vendors. I also find it to be a very close-knit sort of group - not that that isn't lovely for those in the group, but it's not very welcoming to others. Boo-hiss. I need to bite the bullet and grow my own goods.

I do have some delicious apple cider in the fridge that we brought home on the weekend, so I'll sip that as I make supper. I'm going to try a new recipe tonight - wish me luck!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...