Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thrifted Thursday


As you may remember from earlier posts, I've been on the hunt for yellow. Yellow anything. Anything that will bring a little springtime into our living room. I went and had a root canal done on Monday (yay!) and Mom and I did a little thrifting. I was selective, though. I'm getting to the point where I go and look for specific items. Items that are not what I am looking for get left there. There's too much junk in our tiny place already. Anyway... something yellow jumped out at me from a shelf:


A yellow ceramic dish! It's the perfect shade, too. For 99 cents, I found quite the little bargain. I can use it as a planter, to corral odds and ends, or even to just look pretty on a shelf. The pretty material underneath it is a pillow sham that I thrifted last year... it's been hanging out in our linen closet, but I can't bare to get rid of it. I know I'll find the perfect use for it someday.

I also found a backpack for Daniel on Monday. He's been looking for a little sporty one to use while biking or snowboarding. This one is Mountain Equipment Co-op, and it's in perfect condition. It's black, gray, and green, with one cross-body strap and a nifty water bottle holder. I tossed it in the washing machine with a little Spray and Wash on it when I got home, and it looks brand new. Not bad for $4.99!

Have you had any perfect little finds lately?

1 comment:

  1. Cute finds! :) And for some reason I, too, am always finding yellow ceramics/pots - lol. We have quite the collection of them, which I love cuz it's my *fave* color!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...