Friday, February 14, 2014

Little Lentil : 29 Weeks



Our little baby is now at 29 weeks! Dan and I looked at each other last night, both with a startled expression, after talking about upcoming tentative plans, and realizing that we could have a baby in our arms anywhere from 9-13 weeks from now! I'm working out some school deadlines, and it's so crazy how quickly the time is going to fly by. No pressure, but I've gotta get organized! :)

Here's what's new for this week:

Week: Twenty-nine 

What's going on inside: The baby is developing its immune system, with help from me. Their muscles and brain are continuing to develop. It's important for me to be filling my body with lots of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, iron and calcium to keep the baby growing big and strong. They're moving like crazy now! Sometimes the movements are so big and strong that they make me jump.

What's going on outside: I've been getting more general uncomfortableness (is that a word?!) in my lower back and pelvis, but nothing that I can't handle. My energy levels are fine, and after a few weeks of terrible sleeps, I'm back on track and sleeping a lot more soundly each night.

How big is that lentil? The baby's estimated size is different from each source this week, but the range is from 2.5-3lbs. They're gaining weight quickly now! Between now and 36 weeks, they'll gain weight at a fast pace, and then slow down a little bit to gain some more between 36-40 weeks.

Total weight loss/gain: Not entirely sure of this one - my memory's a little foggy as to what the exact amount was that I weighed last week. (Baby brain!) I'm sure it's still in same the general ballpark.


Food cravings: Nada. Good food? We went out for a delicious supper earlier this week, and boy oh boy, is my appetite back. I ordered a chicken parmesan dish that I had had back in my early pregnancy days, and Dan laughed at how much more I could eat. I'm so thankful that stage passed - I felt so sick all the time, and could only eat about 5-10 bites of each meal. Not anymore! Dan doesn't get to clean up on all of the leftovers anymore :)


Best moment this week: I passed my second glucose test! The doctor's office called me and told me that my levels the second time around were perfect. Thank goodness! Glad that little bean still has a healthy mama. 

Our stylish diaper bag - I'll soon need to get it packed with baby essentials!
I've made several big online purchases this week that are really exciting. We found a great deal on the carseat/jogging stroller set that we like - almost half price! It's on it's way to Heidi's place to save on the shipping, since the company considered our mailing address "remote" - which it is. I also ordered the diaper pail that I've been ogling online when the company e-mailed me to offer me 10% off and free shipping this week. Bit by bit, we're hunting and gathering all of the items that we need before our baby arrives!

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm spending the evening with my husband and baby :) Not sure what the night will hold, but quality time is the most important part of the holiday for me. I picked Dan up a little treat and I'll make him a card this afternoon to surprise him with when he gets home from work. (I had a storm day from school today, so I've been snuggled in with my pyjamas on all day!)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...