Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recipe Time

I rediscovered one of my old "tried and true" recipes tonight and thought that I'd share it with you. I found this peanut sauce recipe in Cheap Fast Good - a cookbook that we got as a wedding shower gift. The recipe is great as is for a dipping sauce, but I add chicken broth to thin it to a pasta sauce consistency. It's great to use for stir-fries or pasta dishes -it's super versatile. We used it in pasta tonight - whole wheat linguine, chicken thighs, onion, button mushrooms, green pepper and fresh ginger:

Suppertime!

Before you drool on your keyboards, here's the recipe:


Thai Style Peanut Sauce
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Juice of 1/2 lemon/lime
1/2 c peanut butter
1/4 c ketchup
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c brown sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil (I don't add - there's enough oil in the pb)
4 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

My shortened method: combine, heat, enjoy :)

Can be refrigerated for 1 week, frozen for 1 month. Defrost in refrigerator overnight - do not defrost in microwave (it separates and gets "explode-y")


Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...