Thursday, April 22, 2010

DIY Time

I have another easy-breezy DIY project for you!

Are you like me - can't throw away any boxes that are in perfect shape? I've been saving shoe boxes from the same store (so they are the same style) to use for a project. I finally got around to it, and took some pics to share with you!

To start, you need a box, or two, or three - I love uneven numbers. The same style is preferable, but not necessary.


Other materials include scissors, packing tape, a bone folder (found at any crafts store - used to make super sharp creases), and wallpaper or wrapping paper. I bought this cute roll of vintage wallpaper at a thrift store a couple of months ago and I was saving it for the perfect project. It has old-school bicycles on it, and it's nice and neutral.


I didn't take step-by-step photos, but it's pretty easy. If the lid is attached to the box, start with the lid. If not, it's even easier. Wrap it one side at a time, and secure with tape on the inside of the box. I forgot to check how long it took me, but conveniently, when I was looking at the photos, I noticed the wall clock in the background :) It took about half an hour... just because I was anal about folds and creases. It should probably take much less time.



You can use these boxes to store just about anything. They're pretty enough to use in your living room, but I can't decide between my craft room or storage closet. They both need a little organizational love :) Give this project a shot, it's so easy - you could use them to put gifts in as well!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...