Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Moving Forward

Okay, I'll admit it. I've had a change of heart.

Last year, I was all about the closed storage. Stacks of pretty boxes, suitcase, baskets, bins, the works. I thought that the more tidy and streamlined, the better.

I was wrong.

I'm tired of forgetting about cute belts. I'm not going to think of wearing one when they are all rolled into neat little balls, in neat little rows, in a neat little vintage suitcase. I'm going to wear a belt when it's hanging from a peg, organized by colour.

I'm tired of forgetting about luscious scarves. I'm not going to think of wearing one when they are all folded into neat little squares, in neat little piles, in a neat little woven basket. I'm going to wear a scarf when it's draped and knotted over a hanger, organized by length.

I'm tired of forgetting about adorable hair accessories. I'm not going to think of wearing one when they are stacked together, in neat little groups, in a neat little leather case. I'm going to wear a hair accessory when it's hanging from the lip of a vase, organized by style.

I'm ready to change. I'm willing to open up the suitcases, baskets, and leather cases. I acknowledge that there are going to be nails, and racks, and hangers everywhere. I know that I won't have a place for everything, and everything in it's place.

I realize that things are going to get a little messy - and I can't wait to embrace it.







(all images via weheartit)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...