Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me!

Do you wanna see what my darling made for me for Christmas?
Huh? Huh? 
You wanna?

Here you go:

Isn't it beautiful? 

I wanted a bookshelf that would double as a television stand or console table, and I wanted it to be of significant size. I wasn't able to find anything that suited - we searched high and low, in furniture stores and online as well.

Daniel made this bad boy the exact dimensions that I wanted - over 30 inches high (to accommodate two shelves) and six feet long! It's the perfect size for our living room. The top will be great as a photo shelf.

We chose a dark stain (that goes perfectly with the darkest shades in the flooring) so it will showcase whatever we place on the shelves. For now, we have our DVDs and video games in boxes, my sewing machine, white ceramic vases, books, and a few little treasures on the shelves. Eventually, I'd like to style each of the six compartments as their own vignette.

Thanks, doll, for the beautiful shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...