Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Kitchenette: Sweet Carrot Soup


I would love to regularly share recipes with you... so I came up with "The Kitchenette". All of the recipes that I will share will be easy, and not have exotic ingredients. I know that I sometimes get in a meal-making rut, and I'm sure that you do, too. Hopefully these posts will help you to stay inspired!

I made this recipe for the second time: I love how big of a batch it makes. It's perfect for us: there is enough for a meal for the two of us, and lots left to share with someone else. If you have a family, it's the perfect family sized amount. Not to mention... it's delish!


Sweet Carrot Soup

3 tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, chopped
1 tbsp curry powder
salt and pepper
1/2 c white wine or apple juice
3 lbs carrots, chopped
6 - 8 c broth
1 can evaporated milk

Heat oil, add onions; cook until soft, then add curry powder, salt, and pepper.
Stir in wine/juice, scraping up bits from the pot; let evaporate.
Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
Add broth to the top of the carrots and cook until soft.
Puree, then add milk and stir.
Enjoy!

This is not my original recipe: I found it in a library book several years ago, and added it to my list of favourite recipes. I hope that you give it a try: it's easy and inexpensive. You will love it!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, sounds yummy! :) Soup is one of my fave things to make! he he. Thanks for the sweet blog comments, and the happy mail/prize, too!! :) (got it this week!).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...