Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Farmers' Market


Well, it's been one original summer! This week is my last week at the Farmers' Market, other than a few random fall days and a Christmas market. I decided to take a little break from it. It's been a lot of fun, but I have to use my day off from my regular job to prep every week, and I'm ready for some down-time. LOVELYgoods was an adventure that I've always wanted to take - have my own Farmers' Market booth! I didn't make a cent of profit, but it was a whole lot of fun and I was able to cover my costs!

Here's a pic of my tablescape from last week:


Isn't it cute? I love the whole rustic look that we had going on with the antique crates, burlap, and chalkboard. The only prop that I had to buy was another covered cake stand. All of the items are from my home, or borrowed from Mom or my boss. I found the little itty-bitty covered stand (I think it may be for cheese) at a thrift shop a month ago and it's the perfect size to use for samples! Gotta love it!

If you're in my area, drop down to our Farmers' Market from 3-7 this Friday for my last officially scheduled market day. I have a great menu planned as kind of a last hurrah. Our local wild blueberries are in season, so you can expect an appearance from them! Granola's always on the menu, of course, and tarts, too. You will have to find out the other surprises when you get here...

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...