Monday, December 19, 2011

12 by 2012: Update


I am ever so slowly making progress on my 12 by 2012 goals. Latest goal reached? Goal #10.

Paint my 2' x 4' canvas that I've been avoiding

I've had this image pinned since I first signed up for Pinterest - so like, five or six months ago? I was itching to create something similar, but using a Bible verse. After seeing Elise's painting a couple of weeks ago, I knew that it was time to stop procrastinating. I already had found the verse that I wanted to use, so the only thing that was stopping me was... nothing! It was time to take out the paint!

Here's what I came up with:


As much as I loved how my inspiration photo took the words from edge to edge and really filled the canvas, I wanted to make sure that the whole verse was legible. I used Matthew 5:14 - it's such a special verse and it's really encouraging. It's so nice to see when I go into the living room. Here's a closer peek:


I started by priming my canvas with a mixture of white acrylic paint and water. Once that was dried, I just winged it. Didn't plan where the words would go, didn't make sure my lines were straight, nothing - just grabbed the paintbrush and started. I wanted a loose, flowing, organic looking verse, so I just dabbed my brush in paint and wrote a word or two. After I was done, I went over the whole verse in black paint again. 

The painting is exactly what was missing in our living room. The space one the sofa was so bare before, since I was waiting for the perfect piece. Now it's a whole lot more complete!


The look of our living room is really starting to come together. Each element seems a lot more cohesive now, which is a big sigh of relief. I was tired of the student hodgepodge special. Now it's a little more grown up!


Hope you enjoyed a peek at the latest happens in our home! Yay for checking off another 12 by 2012!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...