Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pizza Night

Tonight's "pizza night" at our house. Ever since I wrote my 12 by 2012 list, we've been having homemade pizza every week. On the tonight's menu is barbecue chicken pizza and broccoli slaw salad. The pizza's in the oven as I type this post - I'd better hurry! :)

Are you looking for a nice thin crust pizza dough recipe? Look no further!

Thin Crust Pizza Dough

3/4 c warm water
1/2 tsp yeast
2 c all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt

Before you begin, warm up a mixing bowl with hot water. Swirl it around and then dump the water out. Place warm water in bowl and sprinkle yeast on top. Once it blooms, stir and add flour, then salt. Knead until smooth and pliable. Place in a warm spot and let rise. This dough will not double, but the texture will change. 

Feel free to add any mix-ins to your flour. I usually do. Today I added garlic powder and freeze-dried chives. I've added chili flakes and minced onion before, too. Experiment!

Waiting to go in the oven
For our bbq chicken pizza, I sautéed two diced chicken breasts and seasoned them with lots of Louisiana seasoning. I combined two parts tomato sauce with one part barbecue sauce (and added a little satay seasoning for kick). I topped the pizza with the sauce, chicken, mushroom, marble cheese and parmesan cheese. I usually cook my pizzas in a 400 degree oven. Some people recommend a higher temperature, but I'm scared of breaking our "vintage" oven.

Here's the recipe for the Broccoli Slaw Salad. It's the first time that I tried it, so I'll let you know how it goes! I used sour cream instead of yogurt, since that's what I had in the fridge. The Perfect Pantry is full of great recipes - definitely worth checking it out!

I can smell the pizza in the oven, so I better go and check on our supper.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...