Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Birthday Treats

I don't know about you, but I love when people get creative about gift giving. Daniel's brother, Colin, got him an awesome birthday present for his 25th earlier this month. Colin's a fan of cool toys and technology and he got a cool canvas printer before Christmas, and he's been experimenting with it lately. A big package arrived in the mail, and inside the box were two large canvasses. Colin printed two photos and stretched the canvas onto frames. Each one measures about 11" x 14" (that's my guess, I haven't measured them). One of the photos is one of the shots of Dan and Ian that were entered in Dan's work contest



The second canvas was a picture taken by Jeff Cooke at Colin's wedding of the three siblings. The colours are beautiful!



Dan's sister's hot pink flower pin really pops! I'm not entirely sure where I'll display these great pieces yet. I picked up a picture ledge when we were in Boston in the fall and I haven't found the perfect spot for it. I want to layer a few different things: one of the canvasses, a large photo or two, and maybe a piece of art. I have a handful of large white frames and mats that I'd love to see used. I'll have to start experimenting.

Speaking of fun birthday presents, I sent out a package for a very special little boy that turns one on Sunday. Here's a sneak peek of what I made for him:

 
Once I know that his present has arrived safely, I'll share a bigger pic.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...