Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Snow Day


Not sure if you know this or not, but we got dumped on this weekend. With snow, that is. It was the most snow in the shortest amount of time that I can remember - seriously. Our entire island was rocked by the snow monster. Dan was on call for work all weekend (he takes a cellphone home and the emergency department calls him if someone needs an x-ray).

When he got called in to work on Saturday, look what he had to dig out:


Our poor little car - all buried by snow! Crazy, right? Actually, Dan went out earlier in the afternoon to dig our car out and plow our driveway. He didn't want to have to go to work and be greeted by a snow disaster. Still, though, isn't that nuts?!



Yep, I took the photo of the tree through the screen. I wasn't going outside!

In total, I think we got about 30 cm in 12 hours. Record-breaking! (In my books, at least!) It took about two days for everything to get back to normal around our neighbourhood. Not going to lie - I didn't leave the house on Saturday or Sunday. Yep. Chilled all. weekend. long.

My sister-in-law and her kiddos are here for the day. It's my niece's 5th birthday, so we're going to have a par-tay! Not really... but I do think that we'll be going sledding. And building snowmen. And... anything else that involves snow!

What are you up to today?

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...