Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Monogram Art


Friends of ours had their first baby girl last week! I wanted to give her something handmade and create something especially for her - since I know her mama's crafty and would appreciate it. (You know what I mean? Some people just don't get handmade.) I knew that I wanted to incorporate buttons - because you know I love my button collection. I had a teensy little blank canvas laying around, too, about 4" x 6". 

Here's what I came up with:


A little monogram art! An L for the baby's name, Lara (cute name, eh?). I left the canvas white because I really wanted the buttons to pop. I grabbed a handful of my most colourful buttons, some with thread, some without, and started creating. I played around with the layout until I came up with the size and colour placement of the buttons that I wanted. I threw a few larger buttons into the mix, too, just to break up the pattern a little bit. 


Once I had decided on how I wanted the buttons to lay, I heated up my trusty glue gun and got glueing. For a quick project  - about 20 minutes, start to finish - I think it turned out pretty cute! I love the way that the canvas looks with the bib that I ordered from Etsy:


I hope her mama likes the little present! 

Happy Tuesday!

+ + + 

I sought the Lord, and He heard me,
and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know who this if for and she will LOVE it. It's awesome. I might have to steal your idea and try this sometime! :) Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...