Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Over the Weekend


Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to go to an awesomely intimate concert with my friend Rachel. We saw Jenn Grant perform at our local civic centre, and I'm so glad that we went! Her dreamy voice is quite similar to Jill Barber, if you're a fan. There were about thirty people there, which was a new experience for me. Loved it! (And for $20, how could I pass up the opportunity for a fun Saturday night?!)


Jenn was accompanied by her husband, Daniel Ledwell, and the two of them sound so lovely together. He was mostly on the piano and a couple of other instruments, but sang backup for a few songs. She snuck a few new songs into the playlist from her upcoming album, and I think that they may be my favourite yet. I can't wait to pick up a copy when the album, The Beautiful Wild, is released. Here's a link to one of her older songs, Everybody Loves You, so you can get a feel as to what she sounds like. 

(As a side note: I'm totally envious of anyone that can pull off a maxi dress. If you can rock 'em, rock 'em!)

Hear any great music lately? Do share!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...