Saturday, January 11, 2014

Little Lentil : 24 Weeks


Wowee! With finishing up the first semester of design school, all of the holiday craziness, and getting back into the second semester, I haven't been keeping up with my weekly pregnancy updates. This week we're at week 24: that's 60% of the way done!

My last update was at 19 weeks, and a lot has changed since then. I had my 20 week ultrasound, and our due date has changed. The baby is now due April 30th, a week earlier than we previously were told... Yikes! I've been talking with my instructors now that I'm back from Christmas break, and they are going to adjust some of my deadlines. My last day of classes is officially April 21st, but I don't think that sounds like a good plan for the bebe. I'm hoping to have as little school-related stress in the month of April as possible. Here's to hoping everything gets straightened out - but my instructors have been awesome so far, so I'm not too worried.
Baby's the size of a yummy cantaloupe!

Here's my latest update:

Week: Twenty-four!

What's going on inside: The baby will start filling out their frame more soon. The baby's taste buds are developing, and the brain is continuing to develop. The little lungs are cranking into production, and the skin is starting to become less translucent. 

What's going on outside: I can feel the baby move now! Just on the inside, but that started at about 20 weeks. It was a little unnerving at first, but now I find it comforting that I can feel them. I've been feeling pretty good, and all of my appointments have gone really well. I'm sleeping with a body pillow at night to aid the sleep process, and it's really helping. 


How big is that lentil? The baby is now 12" long and has gained 4 ounces since last week, now weighing in at about 1 1/3 lbs. The baby is the size of a cantaloupe!

Total weight loss/gain: I'm up a pound! Hehe... still down about 19 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.


Food cravings: I had been craving steak for about a month and we finally has a steak supper last night. It was perfection :) I'm still drinking lots of orange juice every day and need at least one dose of chocolate a day, but that's pretty typical for me. I don't think it would qualify for a craving.


Best moment this week: Last night Dan felt the baby move for the first time, which was pretty exciting. I was laying on the couch and we were watching Netflix (our favourite evening routine) and I grabbed his hand. He's been so patient with trying to feel the baby at every opportunity, since I can feel it from the outside now, but he hasn't had any luck. Last night, that all changed :) He said it felt like a hiccup, which is exactly what it's like on the outside - definitely not like a kick or punch. It made me smile all day today.


Only a few more days until my next weekly update. Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...