Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lazy Days

Yay for relaxing! I had today and yesterday off of work, so I got to get some organizing done, but also had a ton of me-time.

I've been weeding out my closet/wardrobe - it's terrible how much stuff I've accumulated. I'm saving some clothes for crafting, but most of my rejects are headed to the thrift store. I certainly take enough home from there - I might as well contribute some :) My goal is to have one group of work clothes that can be mixed and matched without much thought. I use a lot of my normal wardrobe for work, but it really gets damaged. White is not white anymore, and knits are all gross and pick-y. Maybe I'll be able to take a photo or two when I'm finished. Wish me luck!

I thought I'd share two of my Christmas gifts with you today. I got this adorable brown houndstooth Replicca dress from Daniel:


Daniel also gave me a package of Amy Butler fabric squares. They haven't arrived yet, but knowing that they are coming is getting me in the mood for my next project: quilting! I can't wait. Amy Butler is one of my favourite fabric designers. Her colours are both calming and up-beat (if that's possible) and her prints are nice and mod. Super fun...

After running a few errands this evening, I'm going to make some peanut butter balls for my landlord. I'm a little late with her Christmas gift, but it's still within the week, right? This recipe from Tasty Kitchen had the cute pic (with the watermark :) ) that you see below, but the recipe that I've used other years has coconut as well. I like the added texture that it brings.


Hope your Wednesday was fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...