Monday, April 12, 2010

Giving

I hope you had a lovely weekend! I had a really nice set of days off - I cleaned, relaxed, visited, and got to go thrifting!

One of my favourite things to do is to give things to people I love. It can be home-made or store-bought, simple or elaborate, just as long as I know they will enjoy it and it will make their heart glad. I got to give two gifts this past week - and both gifts were received, so I can share them with you!

The first item is a fabric banner/bunting that I made for one of my besties, Kel. I tried to incorporate soft, dreamy colours - and all of the fabric is vintage! It was my first sewing experience without using a set pattern or set of instructions. Here's a peek at our new kitchen and mirror, too :) :


The second gift that I got to give was a bench and set of throw pillows. It is both of my parents' birthdays this weekend (Mom - 17th, Dad -18th, wierd, eh?) and we gave them a mutual present. They are redoing their kitchen/living room, and Mom wants to use a lot of white with some hits of colour. When this bench came in at work, I got one of my co-workers to put it on hold for me as soon as it came out of the box! I found the matching pillows at Wicker Emporium. When we took it up to Mom and Dad on Saturday, Mom had tears in her eyes, she was so excited. It made me smile on the inside and outside :) :


Is there anything that thrills your heart that you get to do for others? Do you have a special knack or preference?

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...