Thursday, June 10, 2010

Foodie

Daniel and I took the time to make a yummy summer tonight, and I thought I'd share a few simple ideas with you.

We buy salad mixes fairly regularly (with our schedules, it's a real pain in the butt to buy various leafy greens, tear, and wash them) and add our own yummies to the salad. Tonight we added green onions, pecans, and basil - delish.


We're both hooked on sauteed mushrooms - this time we did them with onions, a little soy sauce, and some freshly ground pepper. I could eat a bowl of this alone.


Daniel barbecued some steaks for us - he marinated them for a few hours, then grilled them with some store-bought barbecue sauce. He's the master of the grill.


We also had maple sweet potatoes, and cinnamon-y carrots... no pictures, though. The carrots kept steaming up the lens :), and the sweet potatoes were ready right before we ate, so no time for a shot. We enjoyed our supper immensely!

I haven't weighed myself in a while - I like to do it right away in the morning, before anything else, and this week has had some crazy mornings. I've been feeling good - a little exercise here and there, but nothing too intense yet. It's so hard to make the time - and that's what it is. The time is there, it just needs to be set aside... I need to realize that exercising is just as important as anything else on my daily schedule. I have the day off tomorrow, and we've got some fun plans that will include outdoor activity. Stay tuned for pictures :)

Happy Thursday - and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Makes me so hungry for steak on the grill with lots of mushrooms and onions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh did I thank you for my goodies. I cn't remember if I did.

    Loved everything!!! thanks so much--:D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...