Monday, June 7, 2010

Post-Weekend and New Plans


I bought a lovely book on our trip, and haven't had a chance to peek at it until this weekend. Sage and I went out on Saturday afternoon with a blanket and chilled... me reading, him chewing on a random stick. Sounds like fun to me :)

Handmade Marketplace is a great read for anyone with, or interested in starting, an online business. The tips and tricks make me feel like starting from scratch all over again. The book is so well written: terrific topics broken down into chapters, quotes and ideas from established entrepreneurs, and brainstorming techniques. I highly recommend it!

Speaking of online businesses, I took part of the afternoon yesterday to come up with some fresh ideas for my Etsy shop. I let each item expire so that I can start with a blank slate, and gave away most of my merchandise. I think I'll be taking polkadotsoup in a whole new direction (the shop, not the blog). I'll have new items, better photos and descriptions, and a catchy new banner (the bar at the top of a shop's main page). We're on vacation in a few weeks, and I hope to take some days to really get my shop re-established.

Hope your week is off to a fabulous start. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...