Monday, November 22, 2010

Lunch in a Jiffy


I came up with a yummy little lunchtime concoction that I think you'll enjoy, too...

Warm Mushroom and Spinach Salad

1/2 package (454 g) button mushrooms, chopped
olive oil
butter
salt and pepper
handful of spinach, torn
1/4 apple, diced
dressing of your choice

Heat olive oil and butter in a pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, saute until softened. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in spinach, stirring constantly for one minute. Remove from heat, place in bowl or serving dish. Top with diced apple and your favourite dressing (I used a maple garlic vinaigrette). Enjoy! 

This salad is perfect for lunchtime, but you could add a sandwich, panini, or diced chicken and make it for supper, or even serve it as a starter. I don't really enjoy cold meals - they don't feel like meals to me - so this warm salad is a nice treat, perfect for chilly weather. Give the recipe a try, I'm sure you will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...