Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lunch in a Jiffy


Since I'm home more during the day now, I find it challenging to make a satisfying lunch for one. I like quick, healthy meals that make just enough for one portion. Today's recipe comes together in 10 minutes flat. It's a yummy spicy noodle dish that can be jazzed up by whatever veggies you have on hand or that you would like to use up. If you like spice, give this recipe a go.


Spicy Asian Noodles

1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 c broccoli
oil, enough to coat pan
pepper, freshly ground
1/3 c chicken broth
1/4 c soy sauce
1 tsp hoisin sauce
1 can spicy thai chili tuna
1 pkg. udon noodles *

Preheat pan over med-high heat; add oil
Add onion; once softened, add broccoli
Season with pepper
Add broth, soy sauce, and hoisin; let simmer 2 minutes
Add tuna; heat
Place noodles in pan; stir until heated through
Plate and enjoy!


* Udon noodles can be found at Asian grocery stores, or even in your local supermarket's international isle if they have an extensive selection. Udon noodles are my favourite! I even found a recipe to make a homemade version, but I haven't tried it. If you give it a go, let me know. 

This recipe is nice and spicy. You know it's a good sign when you go through three tissues in a meal :) I love me some spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...