Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rhubarb Muffins


After seeing one of Smitten Kitchen's latest posts, it got me craving a nice and moist rhubarb muffin. Not just any muffin, though, and not the recipe from Smitten Kitchen - my mom's recipe is the best. I have some of last year's rhubarb in the freezer that I need to use up fast - it's almost that time of year again to be filling my boots with fresh rhubarb. I made a batch of muffins this afternoon, and I'm sure that Mom would be thrilled with me sharing the recipe.

Rhubarb Muffins

1 1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c oil
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 c milk
1 1/2 c rhubarb, diced
1/2 c nuts (optional)
2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix first five ingredients until smooth. Add rhubarb. Combine with dry ingredients just until mixed. Scoop into muffin liners and sprinkle with brown sugar or a cinnamon and sugar combination. Bake at 400 for 18 - 20 minutes. Enjoy!

Let me know if you give Mom's recipe a try - I guarantee that you will love the results! You see the muffin in the photo? I ate it as I wrote this post :) (By the way - PC has the coolest napkins ever! A navy and white chevron print?! I bought a couple of packages a few weeks ago... I love them.)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...