Friday, June 24, 2011

Work Perks

I don't know about you, but I love little surprises... 

The other day when I was leaving work, my boss offered me a bouquet of flowers. No, that's not a super random act of kindness - I do work in a flower shop :) We had been working on prom corsages and boutonnieres all day  (I got to help!) and her floral supplier had sent extra flowers. I got a huge pack of yellow mums to take home! Yay!

Once I got home, I cleaned up each stem (if you need someone to prep your flowers, I've got it covered - it's my job every time we get a delivery at work) and divided them up. I had enough to fill five vases! I put a milk bottle full by the kitchen sink, a large vase of flowers on our kitchen table, and three milk glass vases filled with tiny blooms in our living room:


Someone asked me today if I get sick of looking at flowers. So far, I love spending time working with them. The fact that I don't know much about them yet makes the day fly by. I love learning names and how to take care of each type. We carry houseplants and cut flowers in the shop, and have a ginormous selection out in the garden centre. Each day I get to learn so much!

I'm off for the weekend - so a little break from work will be nice. No matter how much I like my job, it's still better to spend time with Daniel, family and friends! I hope that you get to spend some quality time with your loved ones this weekend.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...