Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Girls' Weekend


On Saturday and Sunday, I had a much-needed girls' weekend away. Not that I'm currently swamped with work or anything, but I am feeling a little overwhelmed with life. Those two days away were just what the doctor ordered. Seriously, when I woke up on Monday after arriving home on Sunday night, I felt completely rejuvenated. Yay!


I got to see my darling friend, Heidi, at the best cheesecakery ever! The Sweet Hereafter is the place to go for a delicious dessert. The atmosphere is the only thing that can rival their amazing cheesecake. Here's a peek at my slice, a piece of chocolate peanut-buttery goodness:


Part of the reason that my friends and I went up was to attend a baby shower for a brand-new little papoose. (Remember the one I made the button art for?) We got to meet sweet little Lara for the first time!


Look at how proud her two aunties are:


There's something extra special about a shower that's held after the baby is over. You can oh and ahh over  all of the teensy outfits and actually imagine them on the baby. So cute.

On Sunday, we went to church there and then had a super fantastic lunch at The Wooden Monkey. If you are in Halifax and haven't been there yet, it's a must-go-to. I have yet to be disappointed with their meals and service. Top-notch.

Pretty ladies! My road trip buddies, Thianna + Rachel.

I had the pulled pork with apple salad and roasties. So amazing...


We shopped 'til we dropped over the weekend. I found a cute new top at H&M and some soap at Bath and Body Works. I also got a new facial moisturizer from Lush since I'm just about out. Dan lucked out: there was a great sale on dress shirts at Banana Republic that I took advantage of. He'll be one stylin' dude!

Did you have any fun over the weekend? Do share!

+ + +

Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
I Thessalonians 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...