Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hockey Night in Cape Breton


What an action-packed weekend I had! Seriously, it's feast or famine. Sometimes we can go weeks with just doing the same old routine, but this weekend really switched things up! On Friday, Dan and I took a little trip to get our car's oil changed - we walked around town while we were waiting and went for an ice cream treat at Coldstone Creamery. I had "Founder's Favourite" which was vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce, hot fudge, pecans and brownie chunks, and Dan had a cookies 'n' cream milkshake. For supper, we met up with friends at a yummy new Italian restaurant. It was fun to get to hang out with them - we haven't had the chance since we moved over a year ago. 
After that, we found out that there was a hockey game going on, so we bought tickets and watched our first hockey game together for this year.


What a close game! With only four minutes left, the game was tied. Our team managed to win in an overtime shoot-out. Yay! (And by our team... I mean the more local out of the two. "Our" team is actually not very good this year. Ha ha ha)


I was sneaking little shots of Dan. It's the only way I can get a cute picture of him. 
What is it with guys wanting to make crazy faces every. single. time?


The blimp was so adorable! The other side was a Wendy's frosty. 
I'd love to be the guy that drives it... what a fun job.


Our team has the white jerseys on - lots of shaggy long hockey hair on the ice that night!

That wraps up the first part of my weekend. I'll be back with Saturday and Sunday's details.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...