Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Salmon Croquettes


Do you remember the company-worthy meal I mentioned yesterday? I bet you didn't think that I would really share the recipe, did you? But guess what... I'm sharing it today! 

These salmon cakes are perfect for spring! They'd pair nicely with a fresh spinach salad, a bowl of minestrone soup, or a grilled veggie sandwich. Actually... they would taste great with just about anything! If you made mini ones, they would be a lovely appetizer, too. Take a look:

Salmon Croquettes

2 large cans salmon (or sub fresh salmon, if you have it!)
1 egg
1/4 c greek yogurt
1/2 c panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1 small onion, minced
Lg handful cilantro, chopped fine
garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste

Mash salmon with a fork and add remaining ingredients. Don't over mix. Shape into patties with your hands, making sure to have an even thickness throughout. Heat a pan over medium and drizzle with olive oil. Sauté patties until evenly browned on both sides. (Or, if you have the time, bake them at 350 degrees in a greased pan for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.) Enjoy!

I topped my croquettes with a spoonful of local cranberry cardamom chutney (I can't say that work without thinking of Schmidt from New Girl every time!) from the farmers' market and a sprig of cilantro. It was delish! If you aren't a big cilantro fan, you're crazy you can replace it in the recipe with parsley for a similar vibe, no biggie.


I paired the salmon cakes with turnip and baby carrots. I must say... I enjoyed it for supper, and for leftovers at lunch the next day. So good. It would be a great recipe to have up your sleeve - you can keep all of the ingredients on hand, except the cilantro. If you're all out of fresh herbs, sub green onions for the regular onion, or add finely minced celery to the mix. Whatever you have that will add a bit of freshness... you won't regret it.

Let me know if you try out the recipe! I'd love to hear if you liked it!

Happy Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...