Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Touch of Christmas

Whew! It's winter out there. We've had heavy snowfall for about 24 hours, so our little home is nestled in quite nicely. There's a Christmas playlist playing on Songza, bacon in the oven, and I'm making breakfast - egg and bacon mcmuffins and blueberry smoothies. I baked banana pecan muffins last night, and if you know me, there's a never-ending supply of orange juice in the refrigerator. Come on over! I love a good Saturday morning in. We have some errands to run this afternoon, so I'm soaking up every cozy minute that is spent indoors this morning.

I put a few Christmas decorations out to get me in the spirit. Now that I'm finished school for the semester (YIPPEE!), I'll have time to do a little more. Most of the things that I put out so far are neutral or nature-based, so I think I'll keep with that theme this year. I ran around this morning with my cellphone and took a few shots to give you a peek into our holiday home.

I bought this cute little house candleholder at Winners with a gift card

Pretty birdies from my parents for my birthday this year

A new garland from Michael's, and candles from the dollar store

All of these decorations are from previous years - the white trees are from Wicker Emporium last year

I leave this twiggy wreath up year-round, but stuck a little birdie on it

My precious string of laser-cut snowflakes - delicate little buggers!

My secret Santa classmate gave me the snowflake stickers so I stuck them on the hallway mirror

How have you been adding holiday cheer to your home this year? Do share - I'd love to hear some fresh ideas!

Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...