Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Little Lentil : 26 Weeks


Today marks week 26 for the baby bean, and it's a stormy day here! We've had blizzard warnings in the weather reports, so I've been hanging out at home all day. With Sage and the baby to keep me company, I've had nice amounts of relaxing and productivity today. Dan just arrived home a bit early, due to the bad weather. We'll make some supper together and have a nice, quiet evening in.

Week 26: The baby's the size of a head of lettuce
Here's what's new this week:

Week: Twenty-six

What's going on inside: The little lentil is continuing to develop their hearing. They are practicing breathing, too, by inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid. They're starting to open their eyes, too - apparently if they see bright light or hear a loud noise, their activity will increase!


What's going on outside: The baby is moving like crazy! I've begun to notice a pattern, too. They usually move a teensy bit as I wake up, before I get out of bed. The kicks are pretty regular around 10:00-10:30 am, then again between 3-4pm. The evenings are always a busy time for the baby, too. It's been so fun feeling them move! I've been feeling great. The only thing that drives me a little batty is my dreams! They're wacky - sometimes funny and related to real life, sometimes off the wall weird, and sometimes so sad that I wake up in tears. I won't miss that part of pregnancy, that's for sure!

How big is that lentil? Baby's the size of a head of lettuce. They are 1 2/3lbs and 14" long.

Total weight loss/gain: I'm at the same weight that I was last week - I'm at about -15lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.


Food cravings: I think that Dan is using my red-meat craving to his advantage, hehe. He purchased and cooked steak for supper twice in the past week... for the baby cravings, of course. My appetite is back with a vengeance, and I'm trying to make healthy choices. I made a pot of sweet potato soup today to enjoy for lunches over the next couple of days. 


Best moment this week: It's really reassuring this week that if that baby happened to be born early, chances are that they'd be able to survive. Quite a relief, but please, baby bean, stay in there and cook for a while longer!

Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...