Monday, February 24, 2014

Multitude Monday : February 24, 2014

One of our beautiful Cape Breton winter sunsets
What do you know? Two Multitude Monday weeks in a row! If you're new to the Multitude Monday jam, I try to post ten things that I'm thankful for on Mondays in an effort to start the week off right. It's such a great exercise to take the time to focus on all of the things that are going right, instead of being bogged down by the negatives in our lives. Feel free to join in through the comments, on your own blog, or in a journal or quick note to stick on your refrigerator for the week. If you're joining us this week from Dream Big Cape Breton, welcome!

Today, I'm thankful for:

A free drive-thru treat from a stranger! (And a peek at the baby bump, which can't avoid being photographed anymore)
711 - a fun but busy weekend that included a delicious mediterranean meal, couch snuggling, rocking chair shopping, laughing with furniture salesmen over awkward customer moments, a pay-it-forward moment in the Tim Horton's drive-thru and time with friends.
712 - a luxuriously long hot shower this morning. So many mornings feel rushed with only enough time to dash in and out of the bathroom, but taking those extra few moments under the hot water are such a treat!
713 - spending time with a pen and pencil, doodling illustrations for upcoming design projects. It's so refreshing to step away from the computer and have a hands-on approach to design and illustration.
714 - finding a new-to-me translation of a special Bible verse. I think I'll paint a tiny canvas for our baby's nook with the verse and share it after I've finished.
715 - the warmer, sunnier days that we've had lately. I think that spring may be right around the corner!
716 - lucking out at the grocery store over the weekend. Tax-free day, and a sale on baby wipes. I bought a ginormous box so we should be good for a little while once our little one comes along:)
717 - bit by bit, wrapping up design projects for school. It's been a busy two years, and it's mind-blowing to have the finish line so close! I have a heavy week ahead of me, but it will be so nice to have these assignments behind me.
718 - the ability to work from home in my yoga pants and hoodie. I get so much work done when I don't have to make the commute to school, and if my work doesn't suffer, my instructors don't mind. Today I only had one class in the morning, so I made the call to work in the living room instead of the classroom.
719 - celebrating my niece's 7th birthday with family and friends on Saturday evening. It's wild to see a seven-year-old with a missing front tooth when I remember her as a little baby. It seems like yesterday!
720 - spending time with friends yesterday afternoon, having lunch and watching a replay of the Canadian mens' olympic team winning game. What an exciting time for Canada - we did so well this year! I came across this image on Facebook last night that I thought was hilarious:

Source: unknown

Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...