Monday, March 31, 2014

Multitude Monday : March 31, 2014

Did you have a wintery, stormy weekend? Here in Nova Scotia, I don't think we are going to see the end of bad weather. I'm a big-time homebody, but even I'm starting to get stick of being stuck in the house. Over the past week, I've only left a handful of times - which is starting to make me a little shack-happy. Thankfully, Dan was off for the weekend, so we got to stay all snuggled in together, which was extra-wonderful since he'd been away for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Since it's Monday, I think I'll tackle another Multitude Monday. What's that? In case you're unfamiliar with the concept, or new to the blog, I'll explain the theory behind it. Each week, I like to list ten things that I'm currently thankful for. It's a great way to start my week off on a positive note, especially on Monday morning - which is usually a down-in-the-dumps time of the week. Feel free to chime in through the comments, on your own blog, or in a journal - you could even list a few things on your fridge as a gentle reminder this week.

Here's a list of the ten things that I'm currently thankful for:


741 - an adorable, beautifully illustrated book that I purchased for the baby last week. It's a tear-jerker that I couldn't resist!


742 - Cold Tangerines, a delicious read that I've been slowly consuming over the past year. 


743 - little bits of handmade art, both made by myself and purchased, scattered throughout our home that add so much personality to our space.


744 - an entire evening last week devoted to creating. I forgot how much I miss the simple task of making something with my hands - and the joy of a finished product.
745 - a quiet, peaceful Monday morning, slowly chipping away at my to-do list.
746 - music, both newly discovered and old favourites, that keep me company and help me to focus.
747 - finding the perfect Bible verse to send in a note to a special friend in a time of need.
748 - being surrounded by a supportive family and husband - something I should never take for granted, as there are so many other that don't get to experience that amount of love.
749 - the generosity of friends with offers of hand-me-downs (which I love!)
750 - the grace of God that allows us to see our decisions that didn't feel right at the time, blossoming into blessings.

What are you thankful for today?

Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...