Monday, March 8, 2010

Recipe Time

I tried out my friend Ashley's super yummy bbq chicken pizza - and you should too! It was delish - we added some tomatoes to the mix as well.

Every time that I make homemade pizza, Daniel gives me the puppy-eyed look and asks me to make monkey bread. My pizza dough recipe makes enough for two pizzas, so there is usually a fair amount of dough left over. We discovered monkey bread a couple of years ago, so the dough doesn't usually go to waste ;)

I don't make monkey bread the "official" way. You can look for a recipe if that's what you're into. We make individual portions in a muffin tin - easy peasy. Grease your pan, divide the dough into little balls and plunk them in each cup. Put a pat of butter on the top, sprinkle a lot of cinnamon sugar, add honey and/or nuts if you want. Bake at 350ish until golden. You can take these puppies up a notch by pouring some icing over the top - homemade, canned, whatev. It will always taste great.

Monkey bread - before

Monkey bread - after

Try it out - it's a great way to use up any leftover pizza or bread dough. Enjoy!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...