Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh Canada Day!

Hey Canucks, I hope you had a lovely Canada Day! It was so nice for Daniel and I to be off together. We spent some time at a nearby park with our new picnic blanket:


I love the wacky blanket so much. It's really meant to be a rug, but when I saw it in the store, I immediately thought it would be a terrific picnic blanket to leave in the trunk of the car. I took a few shots of my favorite stripe sections:



Look at the cute little sequins!

We kicked around the soccer ball for a little bit:


We snacked on some yummy McMinis from McDonalds:


After spending all afternoon in the sun, we went for a drive through a more rural area. It was beautiful, and we saw lots of people walking their cute doggies. We love checking out houses and properties :) Such a fun pastime. We totally have the same taste in homes, which will come in handy when the time comes to buy one.

We headed home and decided to have a Canada Day barbecue. Daniel made the hamburgers, which we jazzed up a bit. We added fresh ginger, green onions, and chili powder to the typical ground beef and egg mixture. Mmm, a definite repeat! The ginger was lovely!

I threw together a nice summer-y salad: mixed baby greens, spinach, cucumber, carrots, coconut, sunflower seeds, strawberries, and lemon juice. It was uber delish, and it helped use up some of our produce :)

We also had some watermelon with our meal, but it wasn't very good. Even Sage wouldn't eat any... I think we let it sit on the counter for too long. When produce looks good, you expect it to taste good. Word to the wise: eat watermelon as soon as possible after purchasing :)


To top our meal off, we had some Sanpellegrino... my favourite drink in the whole wide world. It's the most refreshing thing ever! If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. It's even better than Orangina, which is also very tasty.


I hope the sun was shining today where you are! I worked on my freckles - and got a sunburn in the process. Ah, sweet summer days :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...