Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pinned It, Did It


I have a new blog feature for you! Pinned It & Did It is a new bi-weekly feature here at Polka Dot Soup. Pinterest is an incredibly inspiring idea, but sometimes an extra push is needed to turn inspiration into action. I have an ever-growing collection of DIY, recipe, and outfit pins that I hope to turn into projects and share them with you! Ready for the first project?

I first noticed Elise Blaha's painting last month and loved it! Her colour combination and styling was so dynamic, it's a simple but stunning painting that seemed easy to create with my own twist. I then saw a pinned image of a painting that used masking tape, spray paint, and a canvas. Check out how cool Elise's painting is:


 
Well, I had the supplies: masking tape, a blank canvas gathering dust, and a ton of acrylic paint. I am trying to pull our apartment's colours together - our bedroom and living room in particular - so I wanted to use something that would work in either room. I decided to use shades of yellow, grey, light blue, and coral. I wasn't super fussy about my lines, which I kind of regret now, but I'm never good with keeping masking tape from bleeding. I still have to paint the edges white, too - wait, who am I kidding? I'll probably leave the staples showing :) I love the colours together, though! Here's how it turned out:


I can't wait to find the perfect location for it! I have a couple of ideas that I will have to test out over the weekend - one being in a corner of the living room, and the other on our new picture rail that we're installing in the bedroom. When the painting lands in the perfect position, I'll show you how it looks!

Have you tackled any projects lately? Tell me!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I always see so many wonderful things to do via Pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...