Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Caramelized Ginger Salmon


I found a new favourite seafood recipe!


Tasty Kitchen is my go-to website for new recipes. It's a great place to search for recipes when you have a specific ingredient in mind: just type the item in the search bar, and you can find recipes based on ratings, best matches, or dates. I always like reading the reviews before I try a recipe... and yes, I usually choose one that has a pretty picture, too.  I picked up some salmon on sale at the grocery store on my last shopping trip and wanted to try a new spin on it. The Caramelized Ginger Salmon was amazing - it's going to be a classic!


I followed the recipe for the most part, but I replaced the sherry with orange juice, since that's what I had on hand. I've used apple juice in the past to substitute for sherry as well, but I thought that the citrus would pair better with fish. I didn't have cilantro, either (boo!) so I omitted that from the recipe. The salmon took a little longer to cook than the recipe suggested, but the extra time in the pan helped the sauce to get nice and sticky. I paired the salmon with couscous and steamed veggies and we feasted!




Try out any new recipes lately? Do share!


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...