Thursday, October 18, 2012

Blog Makeover Peek

As part of my Web Media course, we have an ongoing assignment of designing a website from scratch. I'm redesigning the face of Polka Dot Soup... exciting, eh? So far, we've come up with moodboards to establish the "feel" of our website. I thought that I would share a peek at the look I'm going for here on my blog. If you are interested in the sources of any of my images, let me know and I'll send you the link!

To start, I've made a moodboard illustrating various websites and blogs that I'm inspired by. Each of the following sites have elements that I'm attracted to:



I've chosen a light-hearted colour palette to work with here on the blog. There are lots of whites and neutrals with vivid pastels (is that even possible?) thrown into the mix. I wanted a fun mix that will be complimentary to both photos and text... making your daily visit to my blog even more eye-catching and fun. Take a look:

The fonts that I've chosen for my font board are not necessarily the ones that I'll use, just some that I'm inspired by. Most of them are free, so there's a good chance that I will use one or two of them. Question: did you realize that a san-serif font (the font that doesn't have little tails on the letters) is the easiest to read in section of online body text? You learn something new every day! Here's my font mood board:


I can't wait to get my site design to the next level! I have my Web-based Media class first thing tomorrow morning, so I'm sure that I'll be working on the next step soon. I'll try to share my progress as I take the next few steps of creating a new vibe for Polka Dot Soup.

Happy Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...