Thursday, November 7, 2013

In the Kitchen : Dessert Inspiration

This upcoming long weekend is our church's annual Bible conference. This year, part of my responsibilities in the preparations is making three desserts to bring to one of the meals. I've been searching through my recipe books and various web sources to find the ideal dessert: eye-catching, economical, easily accessible ingredients, quick, and most of all - delicious! Here are a few recipes that have caught my eye. Be prepared to wipe the drool off of your keyboard.

(All images that are used in this post have been properly sourced and credited to their owner. Smart sharing matters!)

image via How Sweet Eats
Always a source of delicious goods and serious eye candy, How Sweet Eat's Cannoli Tart looks scrumptiously smooth with a hint of chocolate.

image via Smitten Kitchen
Another source of yummy recipes, Smitten Kitchen's Pear Cranberry and Gingersnap Crumble looks like it's a snap (hehe, get it? Snap? Gingersnap? Okay, I'll stop.) to make with tasty results.

image via Reluctant Entertainer
Sometimes a simple layer cake can be a showstopper. This Banana Walnut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Reluctant Entertainer has my tastebuds tingling!

image via 101 Cookbooks
Switching things up a bit with this recipe, 101 Cookbook's Red Fruit Salad is simple, fresh, and easy. The vibrant fruit is eye-catching and the simple salad is a nice gluten-free dessert option.

I contacted the blogger at The Little Kitchen but didn't hear a response as to whether or not I could share her recipe's photo. Regardless, umm, hello? The Little Kitchen's Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookie Dough Brownies sound deadly! A few more steps in this recipe, but it looks well worth it.

Those are a few of the dessert options that I'm playing with for the weekend. Thankfully, I have Friday off from school, so I'll have the afternoon free to crank the tunes and get messy in the kitchen. Do you have any favourite dessert recipes? Do share!

Happy Thursday!

(P.S. I'm hungry this evening and decided to be adventurous with my supper menu, too. I have cream cheese, mushroom and thyme stuffed chicken breasts that I wrapped in bacon (I couldn't resist buying bacon at the grocery store - craving, perhaps?) baking in the oven and filling my kitchen with delicious goodness. Paired with a veggie-hearty pasta salad, I can't wait 'til suppertime!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...