Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Summer Love : Documenting the Sunny Days of 2013


This is it. This is the year! Summer after summer, I fail to document all of those special little moments that make life so memorable. Not this year, my friend. From May 1st until August 31st, I'll be snapping photos using my phone and my Nikon in an attempt to document the summer of 2013.

I purchased an adorable turquoise and kraft album from Michael's Snap brand that mimics the style of Project Life with a little dose of Smash books. It's a small binder that can be filled with plastic inserts. The inserts have a variety of pocket styles, and the binder itself came with an assortment of styles. I also purchased refills that have lots of small pockets.

I'll be printing my photos off and using scrapbooking products to create a cheery little coffee table book that documents our summer. I chose to use turquoise, yellow, white and pink as my main colours, but anything beautiful goes. I hope to include ticket stubs, menus, napkins and labels of fun times as well. I'll be creating a spread a week and sharing them here on Polka Dot Soup.

Thanks to leftover birthday gift cards, I was able to rummage through Homesense's assortment of scrapbooking products to find items that suit the style of the summer book. Lots of Amy Tangerine products like dimensional and fabric stickers, as well as a pad of summery papers in turquoise and orange. Perfect! Leftovers from my own crafty stash will round out the items that I use in my summer book. Here's a look at some of the crafty goodness I'll be using:





Fun, right? I hope that this little peek inspires you to do the same, or a similar project. No more leaving photos on the camera, phone or computer. It's time to develop them and share their beauty with others! I can't wait to get my first batch of photos developed and create my first spread in my summer book.

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...